How to Get Rid of White Spots on the Face?
09-09-2019 | Posted By: Shagun Parasher | 6149 View(s)
White spots on the face appear to be paler than the surrounding areas of the skin. They are usually itchy and harmless. They can appear in the areas like the back, hands and other parts of the body. They are most commonly observed on the face and hands.
Why do White Spots on the Face appear?
Melanin is a natural pigment found in the body which is responsible for the colour of your hair and skin. A decline in the melanin-producing cells in the body, known as, Vitiligo, is very commonly responsible for the white spots on our skin. Other skin problems such as psoriasis, milia, eczema, pityriasis alba, tinea versicolor and idiopathic guttate hypomelanosis (sunspots) can also be some of the reasons for the white patches on our skin.
Other reasons for white spots involve exposure to the sun, fungal infections or specific nutritional deficiencies in the body. Consuming junk food, stress, excessive use of antibiotics and the presence of toxins in the body can be a reason for white spots on the body. Also, improper diet contributes to white patches on the body.
How to Get Rid of White Spots on the Face?
You do not have to be worried about if there are white spots on your skin. There are numerous home remedies available that will help you to Get Rid of White Spots on the Face
1. Coconut oil
Coconut oil is beneficial for all getting rid of all types of spots on the skin and so as white spots. It has repigmentation properties that help reverse the white spots on the skin.
• Apply an extra virgin coconut oil to the affected area of your body.
• Massage this area for about 5-10 minutes to let the oil penetrate your skin.
• Do this for about 2-3 times a day.
2. Red Clay
This type of clay is also beneficial for treating white patches on your face. It consists of high copper content that helps restore melanin in our skin and prevent white spots.
• Put 1 tbsp. Of red clay in a bowl.
• Add a tbsp. Of ginger juice to mix it thoroughly. Mix it well and now apply this paste to the affected areas.
• Allow the mixture to dry completely on your face, wash it off later and pat dry.
• You might need to apply a thick layer of moisturiser afterwards.
• Repeat this daily for quite a few months.
Ginger is a ubiquitous ingredient found in almost every Indian kitchen, and it is as helpful for the skin as it is for the body. In the case of white spots, ginger can help in reducing spots that are caused due to Vitiligo or sunburn. Also, ginger is a melanin booster and also improves blood circulation. It can be effectively used to reduce or remove White Spots on the Face
• Massage the white spots area with fresh ginger juice and let the same set for about 15 minutes. Rinse it off using cold water.
• Repeat once daily until you see an improvement.
4. Vitamin E oil
Being an antioxidant, vitamin E plays an essential role by reversing the damage caused due to harsh UV rays from the sun. It has added benefits such as vitamin E which helps to keep the skin moisturised.
• Extract the content from 2-3 Vitamin E capsules in a bowl and add one teaspoon of castor oil to it. Mix it well and apply this to your affected skin.
• Massage this for 5 minutes and leave it on your skin overnight. Repeat once a day.
Honey is one of the best moisturisers that come with antioxidant properties as well. It is also helpful in improving skin tone.
• Heat a tbsp. Of honey in the microwave for 5 seconds (it heats up too much in a short span of time) and massage it on the affected area.
• Allow it to sit for 10-15 minutes and rinse it off with lukewarm water later. Repeat it once or maybe twice a day for best results.
6. Protect yourself against the sun
Protecting oneself from direct exposure to the sun is crucial. Prevent doing so by applying sunscreen generously.
7. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is among those magical remedies that have long-lasting effects.
• Take a leaf and extract the gel out of it.
• Apply this aloe vera gel directly on your skin and gently massage it.
• Leave it for 10 minutes and wash off with cold water.
8. Tea Tree Oil
It is a useful home remedy for white spots on the skin due to its antifungal properties.
• Mix 3-4 drops of tea tree oil with 1 tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil.
• Apply it on your skin using a cotton ball. Rinse it off with lukewarm water. Repeat once every day for good results.
Copper aids melanin production. It is needed by the enzyme tyrosinase for the synthesis of melanin pigment from tyrosine. This makes it beneficial for treating white spots on the skin.
• Pour some drinking water in a copper utensil and keep it at room temperature.
• Drink this water every morning on an empty stomach to reduce the white spots.
• Remember not to keep this in the refrigerator.
10. Healthy Diet
It is essential to have a proper diet full of all the nutrients to restore its glow. Do include fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet. Make sure that you drink plenty of water every day. This improves blood circulation in the body.
This was about a few home remedies to get rid of White Spots on the Face. We hope this article was helpful to you. Stay Happy, Stay Healthy and so remember that it is extremely important to have a healthy body for which you should go in for Health Checkups at least once a year.