Feeling Hot with Fever? Try These Effective Home Remedies for Fever!
29-09-2017 | Posted By: Chhavi | 2224 View(s)
If you are running a high fever, it is obvious that you would want to bring it down. It is right that it is good to get a fever sometimes because fevers are supposed to boost the immune system and kill off infectious agents. But still, being in a fever is painful and uncomfortable. Hence, along with medications, you should also try some home remedies for fever to feel comfortable and reduce it as quickly as possible.
A fever generally occurs in response to an infection, illness or disease. There are many other symptoms too which are associated with a fever such as a headache, muscle ache, dehydration, shivering, loss of appetite and sweating. A fever is a healthy thing for your body, and it usually goes away within a few days. However, many people feel quite uncomfortable when they deal with a fever. In such case, you can try home remedies that work effectively to reduce a fever and also make you feel better. But, if your bofy temperature exceeds 40 degrees C, or 104 degrees F, consult a Doctor immediately.
Here are the Best Home Remedies for Fever
1. Turmeric and Black Pepper
Turmeric has excellent healing properties and is considered one of the best home remedies for fever. Curcumin, a chemical compound present in turmeric contains potent antifungal, antibacterial, antioxidant and antiviral properties which keep the infections at bay. It also boosts the immune system of the body and reduces the duration of the fever.
How to Use?
Take one-half teaspoon of turmeric and one-fourth teaspoon of black pepper powder and add both of these ingredients to one cup of hot milk. Drink this mixture two times a day to relieve fever naturally.
Also Read: How to Treat Dengue Fever? Tips and Tricks
Basil is a herb that works miraculously in reducing a fever. It has healing properties which help reducing fever symptoms quickly.
How to Use?
• To prepare this remedy, you will need 20 basil leaves and one teaspoon of crushed ginger. Now, boil both the ingredients in one cup of water. Keep boiling until you see that the solution is reduced to half. Once it is done, add a little honey and drink this tea twice to thrice a day for three days.
• There is another way to use basil for reducing fever symptoms. Just, add one teaspoon of basil and ¼ teaspoon of pepper in one cup of boiling water. Allow it to steep for 5 minutes, strain it and drink this amazing tea to reduce the fever symptoms. Drink this tea two to three times a day until you get complete relief.
3. Take a Lukewarm Bath
A lukewarm bath may also help reduce a fever. When you sit in a lukewarm bath, it feels cool and nice. You can prepare a lukewarm bath by adding Epsom salt and a few drops of essential oil to the lukewarm bath water so that it helps you soothe muscles and relax the body. Lukewarm bath help bring your body temperature down. Do not use cold water because it will drop the body temperature too fast and will make the problem worse. Take a lukewarm bath for about 15 minutes and then pat dry with a towel. Quickly return to bed and cover yourself with blankets.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar
If you want to relieve fever naturally, then apple cider vinegar is the best solution for you. It is an excellent remedy for a fever and is not very expensive too! The acid present in the ACV (apple cider vinegar) helps in drawing heat out of the skin and reducing a fever.
How to Use?
• When you are preparing a lukewarm bath water to get relaxed, just add one-half cup of vinegar to it to increase its effectiveness. Soak in this lukewarm water for about five to ten minutes. You will feel relaxed just in 20 minutes. Repeat the remedy again when the body temperature goes high.
• Take one part apple cider vinegar and two parts cool water and mix them. Take a fresh, clean washcloth and soak it in this mixture. Wring out the excess solution and place the washcloth on your forehead and tummy. If you want, you can also wrap it around the soles of your feet. When you feel that the washcloth has become warm, change it with a new one soaked in the mixture. Repeat this remedy as often until the temperature goes down.
• Take two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar, one tablespoon of honey and mix them in a glass of water. Drink this perfect solution for fever twice to thrice a day to relieve fever.
Ginger has antiviral and antibacterial properties which help in boosting the immune system. Furthermore, it also helps draw the heat out of the body which makes it one of the most effective home remedies for fever.
How To Use?
• Take a ginger and grate it well. Now, add one half-teaspoon of freshly grated ginger to one cup of boiling water. Let it steep for a couple of minutes. Add some honey, stir well and enjoy this herbal tea three to four times a day to bring down the fever and feel comfortable.
• Alternatively, you can also combine one-half teaspoon of ginger juice, one tablespoon of honey and one teaspoon of lemon juice. Mix well and drink this mixture three to four times on a daily basis until your temperature goes down.
Raisins taste delicious, isn’t it? Well, they don’t only satisfy our taste buds but also help in bringing down a fever. They are packed with phenolic phytonutrients, which have abundant antibacterial and antioxidant properties that help us fight infections. So, if you are feeling fiery with fever, eat a few raisins to feel better.
How to Use?
Take 20 to 25 raisins and soak them in one-half cup of water for about one hour. See if the raisins have become soft after an hour. Once they become soft, crush the raisins in the water and strain the liquid. Now, you just need to add the juice of half a lemon to this solution. Drink this solution two times a day until your fever is gone.
Garlic is warm in nature, and thus it helps in promoting sweating, thereby reducing a high fever. This also helps in expelling harmful toxins from the body. Aside from that, it has antifungal and antibacterial properties which help in fighting body infections and keeping the diseases at bay. So, all this makes garlic one of the best home remedies for fever.
How to Use?
Take one garlic clove and chop it into thin slices. Add the thinly sliced garlic cloves in one cup of hot water. Let it steep for 10 minutes. Strain and sip it slowly. Drink this solution two times a day to feel better.
Try these home remedies for fever to feel comfortable. Also, do not forget to take your medications on time if you want to relieve fever quickly. If these remedies and medications do not help, consult a Doctor immediately.