Time Tested Home Remedies for Colds and Flu
Though Common Cold and Flu is a minor problem and can get ok on its own yet it can lead to a lot of suffering and pain. It could very well result in an unwanted visit to the doctor. Here are a few tried and tested Home Remedies for Cold and Flu to get rid of them at the earliest. Trying any one of them or a combination of some can surely yield good results.
1. One of the best ways to avoid Flu is the minute you notice cold or flu-like symptoms start having Vitamin C. Having Two tablets of 500mg in a day or Two tablets of 100 mg each 4-5 times a day will do well but should be taken with meals.
Having Vitamin C with added Bio Flavonoids is known to enhance the efficacy of Vitamin C. A word of caution-At times this can lead to diarrhoea. In case that happens immediately cut down the dosage
2. Upon having flu- it is also advisable to go in for a – homoeopathic medicine-Oscillococcinum which can also reduce the flu symptoms.
3. Elderberry Syrup available on a lot of online sites can also be taken 20-30 drops three to four times a day. This will help immensely in getting rid of the flu.
4. Having Elderflower Tea is also a good remedy to get rid of the common flu. Boil a cup of water and add 2-5 g dried flowers to it and let it remain in it for some time ideally for about 10-15 minutes. After that have the 3-4 cups of water filled with Elderflower flowers, Three to four times a day. And do keep in mind the availability factor of Elderflowers as it is not easily available all throughout the year.
5. A teaspoon of Grinded Black pepper mixed with Honey 3-4 times a day for a couple of days can also be of great help. Try it out and reap the benefits.
Having Honey in the morning with Luke warm Water can help fight cold and flu. Add a pinch of Apple Cider Vinegar and it can work wonders for your body.
Garlic is known to contain the compound allicin, which has antimicrobial properties. Adding Garlic to your diet reduces the severity of cold symptoms.
8. Taking steam: Taking steam from a steamer or simply boiling water and taking steam by covering your face with a towel over the utensil can be a great soother. Adding a tinch of Vicks vaporub to the boiling water can work even better for the steaming to show results faster.
9. Inhaling few drops of pure Mustard oil as in the case of doing Inhaling exercises in Yoga can be a great respite. Doing it on both sides of the nose can work wonders.
There are many health benefits of Ginger and one of the best benefits of Ginger is its Curative Properties. Putting a Few Slices of raw ginger root in boiling water and let it cool down a little bit. Have it a few minutes later-It can help to soothe a cough or sore throat.
They help to keep the Gut and Immune System Healthy and thus reduce the chances of getting sick especially the upper respiratory infection
So try these Home Remedies for Colds and Flu to get much-needed relief from the sufferings.