Highly Effective Home Remedies for Sweaty Hands and Feet
02-02-2017 | Posted By: Admin | 3649 View(s)
Sweating is essential for our health as it regulates our body temperature and removes toxins. Most of the people sweat when it is hot outside, but some people experience excessive sweating, which is medically termed as Hyperhidrosis. Hyperhidrosis is a medical condition which affects 1-2% of the world’s population and affects day to day lives of the patients. Many people feel awkward to interact in the social environment due to this problem. But, there are many Home Remedies for Sweaty Hands and Feet which are highly effective.
Primary Hyperhidrosis is the type of Hyperhidrosis which causes excessive sweating in the hands, face and feet without any reason or any other medical condition. People who have Primary Hyperhidrosis sweat from a particular type of sweat gland which is called eccrine sweat glands. These sweat glands are majorly on the feet, palms and armpits. When you are emotionally overwhelmed or when your body is overheated, then your nerves activate the sweat glands. When those nerves overreact, it causes Hyperhidrosis. There are few Home Remedies that you can try to get rid of this problem and enjoy a healthy social life.
Home Remedies for Sweaty Hands and Feet:
1. Lemon Juice
Lemon Juice is one of the most effective Home Remedies. It is because Lemon acts as a neutral deodorant as it has a sweet-sour fragrance.
• You can simply mix lemon juice and salt and rub it gently on the affected areas until it gets dry. This remedy helps in slowing down the activity of the sweat glands.
• Alternatively, take the fresh juice of one lemon with one teaspoon of baking soda and mix it together to form a smooth paste. Apply it on the affected areas and then rinse it off.
Do not go out immediately in the sun after using lemon juice on the skin as lemon causes our skin to become more sensitive to Ultraviolet rays temporarily.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple Cider Vinegar helps in balancing the body’s pH level. Also, it has natural astringent properties which help in keeping the pores tight and controls excessive sweating.
• Take 1-2 teaspoons of raw apple cider vinegar and one spoon of honey. Add them to a glass of lukewarm water and drink it twice daily.
• Mix Apple Cider Vinegar and Rosewater in equal proportion and apply this solution on the affected areas twice a day.
3. Tomato Juice
Tomatoes have cooling and astringent properties which help in shrinking the pores and lowering the body temperature.
• You can simply drink tomato juice every day in the morning to keep your body cool.
• Also, you can apply tomato juice on the affected parts of your body for 10-15 minutes and then rinse it off with lukewarm water.
• Cut a slice of tomato and rub it on the sweaty parts of your body. Then rinse it off with plain water.
Cornstarch is one of the most effective Home Remedies for Sweaty Hands and Feet. It helps in absorbing moisture and works as a natural antiperspirant. It is also easy to carry and thus is a convenient option for those who have Hyperhidrosis.
• You can simply dust cornstarch powder on the affected areas and let it stay for half an hour. Wash it off with plain water.
5. Cold Water
Water is considered as one of the best remedies to avoid sweat. Water keeps our body cool and prevents sweaty hands.
• You must drink 10-12 glasses of water every day.
• Also, you can get quick relief if you soak your hands and feet in cold water for 15-20 minutes.
6. Coconut Oil
Coconut Oil contains lauric acid which kills the bacteria that is responsible for the unwanted body odour. Also, it has a soothing fragrance which keeps you fresh all day long.
• Apply the coconut oil with your fingers on the affected areas after taking a bath. It will nourish your skin and stop the sweating.
7. Green Tea
We all have heard the many Health Benefits of Green Tea. Green Tea is one of the best Home Remedies for Sweaty Hands and Feet. The astringent properties of the Green Tea help in drying the sweat by closing the pores. It also helps in preventing the sweat from escaping the skin surface by removing excess oils from the skin.
• Intake 2 cups of Green Tea daily.
• Put some ice in Green Tea and then soak a cotton ball in it. Simply, dab it on the hands to get rid of the sweaty hands.
8. Rose Water
Rose Water is another effective Home Remedy for Sweaty Hands and Feet. It has cooling properties which help in reducing sweat.
• You can either buy Rosewater from the nearby market or can also make it on your own. Take a cup of water and boil some fresh rose petals in it for 15 minutes and then strain the mixture. Keep the prepared rosewater in an airtight container and apply it every day on sweat-prone areas with a cotton ball.
• Alternatively, take some rose petals and soak it in white vinegar. Store the mixture in an airtight bottle and dab it on your hands twice a day.
1. Wash your hands frequently and always carry a cloth with you to wipe off your sweat.
2. Wear loose-fitted clothes made up of cotton.
3. Drink plenty of water.
4. Before wearing the shoes, you should apply some powder to your feet. Change your socks daily.
5. Eat leafy vegetables and increase your intake of fruits.
1. Avoid products which contain Caffeine.
2. Do not wear clothes made up of synthetic.
3. Avoid consuming spicy foods.
4. When not necessary, do not cover your hands with gloves.
5. Do not apply Petroleum Jelly on your skin.
Sweaty hands and feet cause a lot of problems in a person’s life and have a profound impact on their social lives. People tend to get embarrassed due to this problem and stay away from any social gathering, which makes them isolated. Thus, this issue must be treated instantly as otherwise; it can even lead to depression. So, follow the Home Remedies for Sweaty Hands and Feet given in the blog and enjoy a happy and healthy life.
If you don’t get relief after trying these Home Remedies, you must Consult a Dermatologist to know the exact reasons for the problem and get it treated.