Precautions to be taken before Swimming in a Pool
20-06-2015 | Posted By: Admin | 2721 View(s)
Those who are not so lucky and are not privileged enough to enjoy the beach so much during the summer seasons can always flaunt their swimsuits near the swimming pool. Swimming in the chlorinated water of the pool can cause enough damage to the skin and much harm otherwise, and so it is important that you know the little tricks to avoid any and every kind of trouble coming your way.
The following needs to be done before and after going swimming in the pool, so fret not and follow our lead, and you will never regret.
• Go in for a Sun Block. Now, if you have ever been exposed to chlorine, water and the heat at the same time, you might know that you would end up with a disgusting tan. We have tanning creams for that, and we do not need the sun to do its trick. This is precisely where the moisturisers or the sunscreens come in.Apply your sunscreen generously and make sure that you let it set for a while.
• Munching on food and then jumping into the pool is not the wisest of the choices you can make. Chlorine does not gel that well with food, and you would rather be slightly hungry than be at home for a while for a stomach upset. You should probably eat an hour before your pool session.
• Wash before going into the pool, because you would not want to contaminate the pool and it goes likewise for all others using the pool as well. Also, make sure to go in for a shower as soon as you are done with swimming to get the effects of chlorine off as soon as possible. Make sure that you wash back with soap and also wash your hair. So that all the germs or the bacteria or whatever lies on the water body is washed off from your skin.
• If possible, put moisturiser on your skin to get rid of the dryness. Once you have been under or in the pool water for long, your body will feel dry when you come out of it. So, make sure you lather your entire body with some moisturiser to retain the moisture and to not damage the skin you are blessed with.
• You will feel hungry and to be honest; you will be dying of hunger once out of the pool. But make sure you have enough water before you hog on to the food. The dehydration can be fatal for your system, and that is never the best thing to leave untreated. Quench your thirst first and then eat and hog and munch to your heart’s content.
• It is crucial to maintaining good hygiene while swimming-Spitting in the pool is a strict no, do not go in for swimming in case you are suffering from infections as it will not only deteriorate your condition but affect others using the pool as well.
These are all the essential tips which you need to keep in mind to stay healthy and hearty after a good swim. Swimming is the kind of exercise which will maintain your good health. It is an excellent workout for the body, and that is the reason why many opt for swimming instead of various other exercises.
So it is very essential to keep yourself fit while undergoing swimming sessions as if you do not maintain the swimming hygiene you could fall sick and lose out on an excellent opportunity to keep yourself in the pink of health.