This Rakhi-Reap the Benefits of Applying Henna
29-08-2015 | Posted By: Vivek Singh | 14074 View(s)
It is often said by the great grandmothers and grandmothers that all the traditional methods of enhancing beauty are not only pure but also free from side effects. And, this is two hundred percent true when it comes to applying mehndi. Henna is one of the oldest and most reliable herbal plants that bring multiple benefits to people of all ages.
What is Henna?
Henna is one of the most beneficial medicinal plants which have been saving people from various diseases and artificial methods of treatment for ages. The barks, as well as seeds of this plant, are used to prepare medicines through Ayurvedic and Unaniprocedures. Mehendi is a shrub having mediocre size and too many branches. It yields both pinkish and small white fragrant flowers that bloom in huge terminal bunches and later creates small sized round fruits. This medicinal plant is popular worldwide for all the advantages and benefits it serves people with.
Medicinal benefits of Henna
As it has already been mentioned that there are numerous ways how henna helps people from its beneficial components. But the major ones are mentioned below.
• Hair problems: Applying henna to hair boosts hair growth, and it also keeps your hair strong and healthy. Massage henna oil on a regular basis to fight baldness and gain hair growth in abundance. People also apply henna to fight other hair issues like dandruff, grey hair, lack of glow in hair, breakage, split ends, etc.
• Arthritis: People suffering from arthritis or rheumatic pains can liberally use mehndi oil on the painful areas to get rid of such unbearable pain. It is far better medicine than any allopathic one.
• Burning sensation: At the end of a hectic day many persons experience a burning sensation in their feet for excessive work pressure or for walking too much. At that time if henna is applied mixed with lime juice or vinegar on the bandaged soles the pain and burning sensation would soon get vanished.
• Dysentery: If you have been suffering from dysentery you need not depend on any medicine. The barks of this plant are consumed as dysentery reliever. The seeds when ground and mixed with ghee and consumed with water treat the same disease effectively.
• Prickly heat: During summer most of the people especially children and office goers have to undergo the pains and irritation of prickly heat. Mehendi leaves which are smashed well and mixed with pure water to prepare a smooth paste can be excellent medicine for treating prickly heats.
• Liver disorders: When someone undergoes liver disorders especially jaundice they should rely on mehndi powder intake. Such persons are advised to consume thirty to fifty grams of henna powder every single day until they get cured.
• Skin diseases: Multiple skin diseases such as skin burns, rashes are often cured with the help of henna leaves paste. Even leprosy can also be entirely cured with Mehendi leaves. In Ayurvedic methods of treating skin issues, the henna powder is applied for curing vitiligo in which a person loses normal pigments of his or her skin in some areas of their body.
Mehendi for Special Occasions
Henna paste is intricately associated with traditional occasions like marriages, Karvachauth and even Rakhi. The bride’s palms, as well as heels, are decorated with mehndi paste as a major part of a customary ritual. Even in some religions, an occasion revolving this mehndi applying ceremony is also observed before the final day of the wedding. The scientific reason behind this is the cooling properties of henna which soothes palms, feet and therefore the whole body of the bride. Apart from this mehndi is preferred because of its cleansing properties too.
Modern Application of Henna
Mehendi has been majorly used in multiple other ways in modern times. Henna essential oils are sold in huge amounts for treating bodily pains. People use henna leaves for conditioning hair and preparing natural hair dyes. Even temporary tattoos are also inked with mehndi paste. Skincare products and hair tonics made from henna leaves, seeds, flowers, etc. are also preferred by numerous people since these are side effects free.
Prepare necessary packs at home to get healthy and glamorous skin and hair. Also, keep faith in Ayurvedic medicines that include henna as a component. Apart from that maintain a healthy diet as well as a disciplined lifestyle to reap all the benefits of mehndi to the fullest.