Effective Home Remedies for Dry and Chapped Lips
07-02-2018 | Posted By: Mona Singh | 4790 View(s)
Dry and Chapped Lips becomes an issue especially in the winter months and can even get to a stage wherein the lips begin to bleed and hurt when the chapping gets extreme and can be a big embarrassment for all of us, and therefore it is no secret that we need to do our best to make the Lips look as supple as ever to enhance our overall looks.
In the quest to have soft Healthy Lips what can be better than to fall back on natural Home remedies to treat those Chapped lips. Before we move on to providing some really effective Home Remedies for Treating Dry Lips, we should be aware of the reasons which cause the problem.
The major factors which cause Chapped Lips are:
1. Sun damage
2. Skin irritants in toothpaste
4. Excessive licking of lips
5. Smoking and drinking
6. Medications too can cause chapped Lips
The easy way out to treat Chapped lips is to go in for Lip Balm or a Chapstick which is readily available over the counter at most Pharmacies, and they do provide instant relief, but in most cases, it is not a long-term Solution.The approach to treating such issues should be to find long-term solutions for which natural remedies can be really effective.
Here are the Home Remedies for Dry and Chapped Lips.
1. First and Foremost Natural Oils like Coconut Oil, Neem Oil, Almond Oil, Jojoba Oil, Grape Seed Oil are excellent moisturizers. Since Coconut Oil is easily available, use it as your base. Choose any other form of natural oil. Add a few drops of it to about a spoon of coconut oil. Then blend the mixture and apply it on your lips for 2-3 times a day and observe a marked difference in just about a couple of days time.
2. Cucumber For Chapped Lips
Cucumber is an excellent hydrating agent. Chop off a few slices of cucumber and rub it gently on your lips for a couple of minutes. Leave it on for 10-15 minutes or so and then wash your lips with cold water. Do it for about two times a day and before going to bed.
3. Green Tea is a good option too for curing chapped Lips as it is supposed to be full of antioxidants and is also rich in Tannins, a compound which helps to reduce the pain and burning sensation caused by dry, chapped lips
Dip a bag of Green tea in hot water and place the Bag on your Lips for some time. This will help in reducing the discomfort, and you will feel the difference right away.
4. When the chapping is extreme leading to a situation wherein the lips began to bleed you can go in for Honey-Petroleum jelly remedy. The remedy is fairly simple -Just apply a thick layer of honey on your lips and then apply a layer of petroleum jelly on top to seal it off. Let it be as it is for 15-20 minutes and then gently wipe it off preferably with a dry towel. This remedy will bring in immediate relief.
5. Rose too can bring in relief for Dry Lips. What you need to do is just get some rose petals from the rose plant in the house and soak it in milk for a few hours or glycerine. Mash it into a thick paste and apply the mixture for about two to three times a day and at night time before going to bed.
6. Apply Beetroot juice to your lips and leave it for around 15-20 minutes and then wash it off with cold water. This will do wonders for your lips as beetroot is full of nutrients that hydrate your skin from the inside.
7. Aloe Vera contains natural ingredients that soothe the chapped lips and gently remove the dead layer of skin cells. What you need to do is cut the aloe leaf sideways and Takeout its gel and apply it on the lips and keep it on overnight. Put the remaining Gel into a container with airtight lid and store it in a cool place. Keep applying the gel regularly before going to bed for best results.
8. Another way to get rid of chapped lips is to Mix One Teaspoon of Lemon Juice with a half teaspoon of Castor oil and one teaspoon, raw honey. Blend it well and then apply it on the lips and leave it as it is for about 15 minutes or so for best results and then rinse off with water. Repeat the process for a week or so for the results to show.
9. Take one teaspoon of sugar and add a half teaspoon of honey mixed with few drops of olive oil. Blend it thoroughly to make a paste and apply it on your lips and then wash your lips with lukewarm water. Use this scrub every alternate day initially. Then, continue to use it once or twice a week to maintain soft and smooth lips.
Hope these Home Remedies will help you to get rid of Dry Chapped Lips the natural way without having to use any cosmetic products. However, should you continue to face the problem or in case any other skin complications do not hesitate to visit a good Dermatologist.