Find the Best Diabetes Specialist in Delhi
16-12-2017 | Posted By: Chhavi | 4027 View(s)
Diabetes is a serious health disease that occurs when your blood glucose is too high. There are many types of Diabetes such as Type 1 Diabetes, Type 2 Diabetes and Gestational Diabetes. If left untreated, Diabetes can lead to other health problems such as stroke, kidney disease, obesity, nerve damage, foot problems, eye problems and dental disease. Some of the common symptoms of Diabetes are increased hunger and thirst, fatigue, increased urination, blurry vision and unexplained weight loss. If you experience any of these symptoms, you must consult the best Dermatologist in Delhi to get the best medical treatment. Here is a list of top Diabetes Specialist in Delhi.
What is Diabetes?
Diabetes mellitus can be referred to a range of diseases that affect how your body uses blood sugar (glucose). Diabetes is a lifelong condition that causes high blood sugar levels. There are majorly 2 types of Diabetes: Type 1 Diabetes and Type 2 Diabetes. In Type 1 Diabetes, the patient’s body loses the ability to produce insulin, whereas, in Type 2 Diabetes, the body doesn’t make or use insulin properly.
Diabetes is a condition that can further lead to severe health problems like vision problems, obesity, nerve damage, kidney damage, cardiovascular disease, skin conditions, depression, hearing impairment, and Alzheimer’s disease.
Type 1 and type 2 diabetes, both are chronic diabetes conditions. Prediabetes is a condition which can be reversed. It is a condition when your blood sugar levels are higher than normal, but not high enough to be classified as diabetes. Gestational diabetes is another kind of diabetes which occurs during pregnancy but may resolve post pregnancy.
What are The Symptoms of Diabetes?
The signs & symptoms of Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes may vary, depending on how much your blood sugar is elevated. Sometimes, people do not experience any symptoms initially. Type 1 diabetes has more severe symptoms and they can be experienced initially.
Some of the common signs and symptoms of Type and Type 2 diabetes are:
• Increased thirst
• Extreme hunger
• Sudden weight loss
• Frequent urination
• Blurred vision
• Mood swings
• Slow-healing sores
• Frequent infections
If you experience the above-mentioned symptoms, do consult a doctor.
What Are The Major Risk Factors for Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes?
Some of the major factors that may put you at risk of Type 1 diabetes are:
1. Family History – Your chances of getting diabetes increases if a parent or sibling has type 1 diabetes.
2. Presence of Autoantibodies – If you have damaged immune system cells, i.e. autoantibodies, you are at an increased risk of developing type 1 diabetes.
3. Environmental Factors- Some of the environmental factors such as exposure to a viral illness also play a vital role in type 1 diabetes.
Risk Factors for Type 2 Diabetes are
1. Obesity- If you are obese/overweight, you have a greater chance of developing type 2 diabetes. More the number of fatty tissue in the body, the more resistant your cells become to insulin.
2. Sedentary Lifestyle- If you are inactive, then you are at an increased risk of diabetes. Physical activity helps manage your weight, uses up glucose as energy and makes your cells more sensitive to insulin.
3. Family History- If your parent or sibling has type 2 diabetes, then your chances of getting it increases.
4. Age- As you get older, the risk of getting diabetes increases. This is because you exercise less, lose muscle mass, and gain weight as you age. However, type 2 diabetes is increasing among children, adolescents, and younger adults too.
5. Polycystic Ovary Syndrome- Polycystic ovary syndrome is a health condition characterised by irregular menstrual periods, skin problems, excess hair growth and obesity. As obesity increases the risk of diabetes, PCOS is also linked with type 2 diabetes.
6. High Blood Pressure- Having high blood pressure is linked to an increased risk of type 2 diabetes.
7. Abnormal triglyceride and cholesterol levels – If you have low levels of HDL, commonly known as the “good” cholesterol, your risk of type 2 diabetes is higher. Triglycerides are a type of fat carried in the blood. People who have high levels of triglycerides have an increased risk of type 2 diabetes.
It is important to monitor blood sugar levels regularly. Book a health checkup package now to keep diabetes and other health conditions at bay. This article will surely help you to zero down on the Best Diabetes Specialist in Delhi should you ever require their services.
Leading Diabetes Specialist in Delhi
1. Dr Rakesh Gupta (MBBS, MD- Medicine)
Dr Rakesh Gupta is a Diabetes Specialist at Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, Sarita Vihar, Delhi. He also practises at Clinic Humane, South Extension 2, Delhi. Dr Gupta completed his MBBS from the University of Delhi in 1985. Then, he went on to complete his MD – Medicine from Agra University in the year 1991.
Dr Gupta areas of interest are Chest and Critical Care and Diabetes. Some of the services offered by Dr Gupta are Diabetes Management, Bronchial Asthma Treatment, Infectious Disease Treatment, Health Checkup (General), Lipid Disorders, Hypertension Treatment, Tuberculosis, Thyroid Disorder Treatment, Preventive Medicine and Fever Treatment.
2. Dr Sujeet Jha (MBBS, MRCP, Post Graduate Diploma in Diabetology)
Dr Sujeet Jha is a Diabetologist at Max Super Speciality Hospital, Saket, Delhi. He also practises at The Lenus Clinic, DLF Phase V, Gurgaon. Dr Jha completed his MBBS from Sri Krishna Medical College in 1994 and MRCP (UK) from Royal Colleges Of Physicians, London, the UK in the year 2003. Subsequently, he completed his Post Graduate Diploma in Diabetology (PGDD) from Wales College of Medicine, Cardiff University, the UK in 2004.
Dr Jha’s specialisations include Endocrinologist, Diabetologist and Obesity Specialist. He has worked as an SHO at Scunthorpe General Hospital and University Hospital Wales. He is the Director of Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolic Disease at Max Health Care. Some of the services offered by Dr Jha are PCOD/PCOS Treatment, Diabetes Management, Metabolism, Thyroid Disorder Treatment, Obesity and other Lifestyle Disease Modifications and sexual dysfunction disorders. He has a rich experience of 20+ years and is considered one of the best Diabetes Specialist in Delhi
3. Dr SK Mundhra (MBBS, MD – Internal Medicine)
Dr SK Mundhra is a renowned Diabetologist at Saroj Hospital, Rohini, Delhi. He also practises at Diabetes Clinic, Rohini, Delhi. He has an experience of 31+ years.
Dr Mundhra completed his MBBS and MD- Internal Medicine from MGM Institute of Health Science, Bombay in the year 1986 and 1991, respectively. In the year 1992, he started practising at Dr SK Mundhra Clinic. He has also served as a Consultant Physician at Santom Hospital from 1993- 2000. He has worked as a HOD at Saroj Hospital & Heart Institute from 2000- 2015. His specialisations are Diabetologist, General Physician and Internal Medicine.
Dr Mundhra is the recipient of several awards and is the member of many elite medical associations. He treats his patients with the utmost care and dedication, which is why he is known as one of the Leading Diabetes Specialist in Delhi
4. Dr Col. Sudhir Tripathi (MBBS, DM – Endocrinology, MD – General Medicine)
Dr Col. Sudhir Tripathi is a renowned Diabetologist and Endocrinologist at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, Old Rajendra Nagar, Delhi. He has a rich experience of 38+ years. He completed his MBBS from All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi in 1979. Then, he completed his MD- General Medicine and DM – Endocrinology from the University of Pune in the year 1987 and 1994, respectively. Dr Tripathi has won many awards and is the member of several elite medical associations. Over the years, he has gained the trust of patients he treats and is considered the best Diabetologist in Delhi.
5. Dr Rajiva Gupta (MBBS, MD – Internal Medicine, Post Graduate Diploma in Diabetology)
Dr Rajiva Gupta is a Diebatologist at Fortis Hospital, Shalimar Bagh, Delhi. He also practises at Upchaar Wellness Clinic in Ashok Vihar Phase 2, Delhi. He has a rich experience of 33+ years. Dr Gupta completed his MBBS from Moulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi in 1980. He completed his MD- Internal Medicine in 1985 and then went on to complete his Post Graduate Diploma in Diabetology (PGDD) from Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine in the year 2014.
Dr Gupta has worked as a Senior Consultant in Internal Medicine at Max Hospital, Pitampura and Max Super Speciality Hospital, Shalimar Bagh. Dr Gupta has also worked as a Visiting Consultant at Delhi Heart & Lung Institute, Panchkuin Road. Dr Gupta is the member of several medical associations like the American College of Cardiology, Indian Medical Association (IMA), Association of Physicians of India and Research Society for the Study of Diabetes in India.
6. Dr Amitabh Khanna (MBBS, PG in Diabetology, Fellowship in Diabetes & Metabolism-Aarhus University, Denmark, FCCP)
Dr Amitabh Khanna is a Diabetologist at Rockland Hospital, Dwarka, Delhi. He also practises at Diabetes Speciality Center, Dwarka, Delhi. He has an experience of 31+ years. Dr Khanna completed his MBBS from Motilal Nehru Medical College, 1986. He has done PG in Diabetology from Boston University, USA. Dr Khanna has worked as a Consultant at Fortis Hospital and as a Senior Consultant Cardio-Diabetologist at Artemis Hospital, Dwarka.
Some of the services offered by Dr Khanna are Diabetes Management, Complicated Uncontrolled Diabetes, Cardiac Problems, Insulin Therapy, Cholesterol management, Thyroid Disorder Treatment, Gestational Diabetes Management, Diabetes Education, Infertility and Hypertension Treatment. He is the member of several elite medial associations and is known as the best Diabetes Specialist in Delhi
7.Dr Anil Motta (MBBS, MD-Medicine)
Dr Anil Motta is a reputed diabetes specialist in Delhi. Dr Anil Motta is currently practising at his clinic- Diabetes Heart & Chest Clinic in Krishna Nagar, Delhi and Madhu Vihar, Delhi.
Dr Anil Motta can also be consulted at Max Super Speciality Hospital in Patparganj, Delhi.
Dr Anil has done MD and specialises in Internal Medicine and Diabetes. He is a widely recognised doctor and has a rich experience.
Dr Anil Motta’s patients describe him as a friendly doctor. He is known for his excellent diagnosis and effective medical treatment that he provides to the patients.
To get the complete information about the Diabetes Specialist in Delhi NCR, click here.