Home Remedies for Colds and Flu
Though Cold and Flu is a minor problem and can be cured on its own yet it can lead to a lot of suffering and pain.It could very well result in an unwanted visit to the doctor.Here are few tried and tested home remedies for colds and flu to get rid of them at the earliest.Trying any one of them or a combination of some can surely yield good results.
Effective Home Remedies for Colds and Flu
1.One of the best ways to avoid Flu is that the minute you notice cold or flu-like symptoms, start having Vitamin C. Having Two tablets of 500mg in a day or Two tablets of 100 mg each 4-5 times a day will do well but should be taken with meals.
Having Vitamin C with added Bio-Flavonoids is known to enhance the efficacy of Vitamin C.A word of caution-At times this can lead to diarrhoea, and in case that happens, immediately cut down the dosage.
2. Upon having flu- It is also advisable to go in for a – homoeopathic medicine-Oscillococcinum which can also reduce the flu symptoms.
3. Elderberry Syrup which is available on a lot of online sites can also be taken. Taking 20-30 drops of this syrup for three to four times a day will help immensely in getting rid of the flu.
4. Having Elderflower Tea is also an excellent remedy to get rid of the common flu. Boil a cup of water and add 2-5 g dried flowers to it and let it remain in it for some time ideally for about 10-15 minutes. After that have 3-4 cups of water filled with Elderflower flowers, Three to four times a day. And do keep in mind the availability factor of Elderflowers as it is not easily available all throughout the year.
5. A teaspoon of Grinded Black pepper mixed with Honey 3-4 times a day for a couple of days can also be of great help. Try it out and reap the benefits.
6. Taking steam: Taking steam from a steamer or simply boiling water and taking steam by covering your face with a towel over the utensil can be a great soother.Adding a pinch of Vicks vaporub to the boiling water can work even better for the steaming to get results faster.
7. Inhaling few drops of pure Mustard oil as in the case of doing Inhaling exercises in Yoga can be a great respite.Doing it on both sides of the nose can work wonders and cure Cold and Flu effectively.