Handy Tips to Keep your Liver Healthy
24-07-2018 | Posted By: Anirudh Singh | 896 View(s)
It is important to take care of our body and when it comes to Keeping the Liver Healthy -You should go all out to maintain good liver health at all times as it is one of the most critical organs of the body. The Liver produces bile which helps in digestion and absorption of fats in our body. There are quite a few causes for liver damage-The most significant being Hepatitis but off lately a large number of Liver-related problems have been reported because of Alcohol abuse. Besides a sedentary lifestyle and obesity too can be responsible for the same. Over here we will discuss the causes as well as provide some really handy Tips to Keep your Liver Healthy and in fine shape at all times.So Keep reading and stay protected !
Here are the Causes of Liver Diseases :
1. Hepatitis – Hepatitis spreads through consumption of contaminated water, infected blood transfusion, Undesirable Intimate sexual contact and sharing of infected needles or razors
2. Alcohol – Excessive Drinking of alcohol can lead to fat buildup, inflammation and scarring of the Liver.
3. Smoking – It can again result in Damage to the Liver.
4. Unhealthy Food Habits – Food intake with too much sugar content is highly toxic for Liver Health. They lead to too much fat accumulation which results in decreased metabolism. The fat storage in the liver cells can lead to the fatty liver condition.
5. Sedentary Lifestyle -This can lead to an increase in weight which exerts pressure on the metabolism and in the process the Liver’s function suffers. Extra fat goes on accumulating around the liver enhancing the risk of fatty liver diseases.
Handy Tips to Keep your Liver Healthy
1. Maintain a Healthy Weight – This is one piece of advice which is most important and can prove to be quiet beneficial. Exercise helps to tune up the metabolism of the body and keeps weight under control thereby reducing chances of Liver-related issues.
2. Balanced Diet – Eat Healthy foods to spruce up your metabolism and get rid of undesirable fatty elements in the body.
3. Diabetics need to maintain ideal Blood Sugar Levels by having a proper diet and using medication to keep it under check at all times.
4. Abstain from Alcohol if you can, if not keep the consumption of Alcohol with desirable limits. The use of Drugs and other illicit items should always be a strict no- no
5. Consumer Food and water from trusted sources: Always drink potable water and have food from reliable and trustworthy sources. Prefer boiled and hygienic food and avoid raw food or cut fruits outside.
6. Avoid toxins – Toxins can injure liver cells. Limit direct contact with toxins from cleaning and aerosol products, insecticides, chemicals, and additives. When you do use aerosols, make sure the room is ventilated, and wear a mask.
7. Whenever you have to get a Blood Test done-Ensure that sample is taken only from Freshly opened Syringe.
8. Avoid Sharing personal hygiene items like razors, toothbrushes and nail clippers with others as they can be contaminated with microscopic levels of blood or other body fluids.
9. Practice safe sex – Having unprotected sex with Multiple partners can put you at a risk and increase chances of Getting hepatitis B and hepatitis C.
10. Hand Wash – Ensure that you wash your hands properly after using the bathroom or when changing diapers and always before eating or cooking food.
11. Having the right Dosage of Medication – Always have medication as prescribed by your doctor. Having too much or taking them incorrectly too can damage your liver. Let the doctor know about the medicines and supplements which you are having in case you have to be put on medication.
12. Get vaccinated – Protect yourself and the kids by getting vaccinated on time. There are vaccines for hepatitis A and hepatitis B. Unfortunately, there’s no vaccine against the hepatitis C virus.
Hope these Tips to Keep your Liver Healthy can prove to be really handy in keeping your Liver in good Shape.So what are you waiting for-Get going and start exercising from today as tomorrow never comes? Get an SGPT Test or a whole body Check Up done which will not only cover your Liver but all other vitals parameters fo the Body. Stay Healthy, Stay Protected!