Should Parents Let Children Keep Pets at Home
09-07-2015 | Posted By: Admin | 1113 View(s)
Whether bringing a pet home is right for your child or not depends on your circumstances and decisions. Some children stay alone at home because their parents are working. It is not always the caretaker whom your child may approach for sharing the leisure time. Thus, it might become difficult for them to survive in a lonely home. Pets will make your child feel comfortable and relaxed. Spending time with their pets will keep the kids engaged and has a positive effect on their health too.
Understanding the reasons why you should bring home a Pet for your Child
• A sense of responsibility- Your child feels a sense of responsibility and turns out to be caring towards the pet and others too.
• Engagement- Once you have introduced a pet, your child will feel better because they will have someone to play with, to react to, and to enjoy many other activities. It will keep your child engaged and also keep them away from allergies.
• Self-confidence– When your child gets a pet in the house, it helps them to have confidence in carrying on a few responsibilities of the pet and boosts their overall confidence as well.
• Exercise and extra activities – Pets always need something to play with and also enjoy a number of activities like running, jogging, etc. Playing with the pet, your child will perform such physical activities too.
• A sense of comfort and calmness- Your child feels free to roam around with the pet. If everyone fails, it is the pet who gives comfort to your child.
• Free from stress and hypertension – It sometimes happens that your child is undergoing some stress, either because of their homework, projects or any other reason. The pet would make your child feel stress-free and relaxed.
• A better relationship and bonding- Playing with the pet, caring and nurturing them, may help them in bonding with people too.
• Discipline- Make your child a disciplined one with better decision-making ability and a good sense of humour too.
These were the prominent reasons why you as parents must decide to give your child a pet who can be friends with your child and be able to share the moments together and thus inculcate a sense of bonding and responsibility. The reasons which have been discussed can also turn out to be beneficial for your child in the long term. Hence, if you really can afford it would be worth the effort to bring a smile on your child’s face and fill their life with happiness.