10 Most Common Makeup Mistakes
18-06-2015 | Posted By: Vivek Singh | 1188 View(s)
Everybody likes to have a nice, flawless and a glamorous look when it comes to makeup. Some of us even love experimenting with different looks and makeup styles. The basic makeup which most women use almost daily comprises of foundation, face powder, eyeliner, mascara and lip gloss or lipstick. However, the most important thing that matters is the way you put it on and whether the cosmetics you are using are according to your skin type or not. Neglecting which, most women make a few makeup mistakes which can result in giving them a weird look.
Mentioned below are the 10 most common makeup mistakes that are usually made along with some quick tips to overcome them–
1. Always use a foundation that matches your skin. Most of the ladies use a shade lighter, assuming that it would look good on them, however, it reflects the difference in the color tones and looks more obvious.
2. Trimmed and shaped eyebrows look good but getting them too thin and drawing a Nike sign gives an odd look on your face. So, do not over-tweeze your eyebrows.
3. Most of the ladies miss their ears and neck while applying a base coat on their face. This in turn gives a weird look and spoils the flawlessness caused by the makeup on your skin. So next time do not forget to apply the foundation on your ears and neck too.
4. Do not neglect your skin type. Make sure that your face is properly hydrated, especially if you are having a dry or mixed skin as this usually lead to show patchiness on your face and make the wrinkles all the more obvious. On the other hand, if you are having an oily skin, then it would be better suggested to wash the oil away before applying makeup. Fill your kit with the cosmetics designed for your skin type.
5. Do not over-powder. Many women think that applying face powder gives a clean look. However over-powdering and not applying it only where required leave your face looking dry, white and cakey and many a time may also settle in your fine lines and wrinkles.
6. A white eyeliner works for those who have small eyes as it gives an illusion of big eyes; however it does not suit everyone. So, use it according to your eyes.
7. Mascara gives a dramatic look to the eyes and makes them look beautiful. But too much of mascara looks unnatural and often make lumps on the lashes.
8. Blushes and eye-shadows should be according to your skin tone, not every colour suits each one of us. Experimenting too many bright colours on your face make the look over-complicated. A medium or natural tone gives a more sophisticated look.
9. The most effective way to use makeup is to apply it in a way that accentuates a single feature. Do not try to draw attention to every part of the face as it gives an awful look. Instead choose a single part of the face (particularly your best feature) and do most of the work there. Use a light touch up with the rest of the face, as it will produce a more natural and attractive look.
10. The last and the most common makeup mistake that most of the ladies do which spoils the entire look is wearing a lip-liner that’s too dark. Lip-liner indeed gives a nice shape to your lips, but it’s always recommended to use a lip-liner that’s just one shade darker to your lip colour. Too dark or different coloured liners give an odd look and bulging out lips. It would spoil the entire effort that you have done on your face.