Best way to Lose Weight for a Healthy Life
24-08-2015 | Posted By: Admin | 2384 View(s)
Weight gain is the most common problem faced by people of all age groups, especially the youth. People try their best to remain fit and healthy. But, due to the intake of fast foods and other foods which are high in calories, people gain weight. Exercise is what most people resort to when it comes to losing weight. But, to remain fit, it is also essential that you maintain a proper diet. Certain kinds of food help to keep an optimum weight and also help people to stay fit and healthy. So, what is the easiest and best way to lose weight? Well, here we have shared some easy tips to shed pounds in a very short span of time.
The Best Way to Lose Weight:
• Drink Plenty of Water: Drinking water helps to reduce weight and stay fit. You must drink at least eight to ten glasses of water every day. And to stay hydrated, do not have a cup of tea because it might do more harm than good. Instead, have some healthy fluids like fruit juices, coconut water and lemon water.
• Avoid Snacks at Night: A person should be very choosy when selecting night snacks. At times of watching movies or doing any work, people should not take high-calorie foods. The intake of food at night should be less as there cannot be any exercise during the night time. High-calorie foods can increase weight. Low-fat stuff should be consumed at night.
• Don’t Leave your Favourite Food: Reducing weight doesn’t mean that you have to abstain from your favourite food. You can enjoy your favourite food at any time, but you should reduce the limit of what you love to eat most. It is not harmful to have chocolates or cookies, but the intake should be less.
• Eat at Short Intervals: When a person takes too many calories in one go, it results in weight gain. It is necessary to take snacks at short intervals of time so as to cut down on food intake and improve digestion of food.
• Take Protein Whenever you Can: Taking protein during meals can help to reduce weight. Taking chicken or eggs in meals can make you full for a longer time, and it helps to burn fat in a short time. Add healthy sources of protein in your diet to shed fat.
• Keep Healthy Foods at your Home: Store all kinds of healthy foods at your home so that whenever you feel like taking something when you are hungry, you can resort to all types of healthy foods. Having fruits and vegetables in your daily diet can help to reduce and maintain weight.
• Always Have Breakfast: Many people feel that skipping breakfast can help to reduce weight. But, it has been proven that skipping breakfast can make a person gain more weight because when we skip breakfast, we feel more hungry during the day which leads to more intake of food and this can lead to weight gain, so we should not avoid eating the breakfast.
• No Rice after 7 PM: The best way to lose weight is avoiding rice at night. Rice does not have a lot of nutritional value and on top of that, it encourages your body to store excess fat that it does not need which in turn leads to weight gain. We know rice does taste yummy and it is difficult to stay away from it. So, you can have a bowl of rice for lunch. But, avoid eating rice at night. And if you do eat rice at night, make sure that you walk for at least half an hour to burn the extra calories.
• Make Healthy Swaps: Snacking is healthy if you snack on healthy foods. It is extremely crucial to eat five to six times a day even if you are on a weight loss mission. But, make sure that you eat something healthy. When it is snack time, do not opt for a burger, instant Maggi noodles or a can of soda. Instead, replace these fast foods with nutritious foods such as nuts, sandwich, a bowl of salad, fruit or a smoothie whenever you feel hungry.
• Add More Veggies and Fruits to Your Diet: The best way to lose weight is to add low-calorie foods to your diet. And what better food can be to burn calories than vegetables and fruits. Fruits and veggies are high in nutritional value and low in calories and hence they must be added to your daily diet. Some of the best fruits and vegetables for weight loss are broccoli, tomatoes, cucumber, bottle gourd, radish, cabbage, beans, oranges, lemons, berries, papaya and watermelon.
• Avoid Going to the Supermarket when you are Hungry: When we are too hungry, we do not have the patience to cook food, and that is when junk food, comes to our mind. And that is why people eat a packet of chips or burger when they are too hungry because it is readily available. And if you are at a supermarket, you would see so many options of junk food to select from and you will be eating more junk food than required. So, whenever you have to go shopping, make sure your stomach is full and carry some healthy snacks like a fruit or nuts with you so that you can have them whenever your stomach starts calling for food.
• Use Small Plates for Eating: When we eat in large plates, we tend to take food more than required and then end up consuming extra calories. So, use a smaller plate to lose weight quickly.
• Quit Smoking and Drinking: It might have become a trend these days to smoke and drink and look cool- But, it is not cool at all! We all know that smoking and drinking harms our health, but still many people indulge in the habit. The reasons might differ from person to person- some drink because they are depressed and others do it because they have to maintain their social status and then there are a group of people who indulge in these habits because of peer pressure. The reason might be anything, but the consequence is same for all. Smoking and drinking is harmful for our health! End of story- No If’s and But’s at all! If you are dealing with stress, then use some other tips to beat stress. But, stay away from these habits to keep yourself healthy and fit.
• Use Lemon for Weight Loss: Lemon has amazing weight loss properties and you can use lemon in a variety of ways for weight loss. In a glass of warm water, mix in juice of one lemon, one teaspoon honey and a pinch of black salt. Stir well and drink this two times a day. The results will be amazing!
• Cut Back on Salt and Sugar: It is true that there is hardly any food that does not contain sugar or salt. But, you must also know that excessive consumption of salt and sugar harms our health and makes us obese too. Salty foods mostly contain a lot of sugar, fat which makes people gain weight. Also, excessive consumption of sodium increases water retention in the body which makes people feel bloated.
• Drink Green Tea: Drinking green tea is the best way to lose weight. Drink two to three cups of green tea every day. You can also add fresh lemon juice to green tea to increase its effectiveness.
• Add Some Spice to Your Life: There are certain spices like Ginger, pepper, turmeric, clove and capsaicin which are healthy and aid weight loss too. Add these spices in your meals to make your food more delicious. Your meal won’t only taste finger licking good but will help you lose weight too. This is the best way to lose weight.
• Chew Your Food Properly: Do you not chew your food properly? Well, you must eat slowly because doing so will help you achieve your weight loss goals. Chewing food properly is the easiest and best way to lose weight. When we eat, the hormone- ghrelin signals the brain that we have had enough food which in turn makes us feel full, and hence we stop eating. This whole process takes about 20 minutes. That is why when we do not chew our food properly and do not concentrate on food, our brain does not receive the message that the stomach is full, and we end up eating more than required. So, enjoy your meal thoroughly and do not have any distractions while eating.
• Don’t Lose Hope to Lose Weight: It is not possible to lose weight in one day. If the person loses hope, then he or she can never lose weight. If not losing weight, the person should not take more calories. It is essential to have realistic expectations and then stick to a definite diet plan.
So, now you the know the best way to lose weight. Follow these tips religiously to get a slimmer and fitter body. Losing weight needs time and patience. Losing weight makes a person feel confident, and the person can wear any clothes that they like. So, reduce weight for a better & Healthy life! Also, hit the gym to achieve your weight loss goals quickly.